A swiki editor

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Jul 21 02:13:18 UTC 2003

Daniel Vainsencher <danielv at netvision.net.il> wrote:
> Hi, I've been thinking about making a simple swiki editor. The idea is
> to base it on the StarBrowser, so that one can traverse links using the
> tree, and view and edit pages in the editor pane, which would be a
> lightly tailored text editing pane.

Daniel, it would also be possible to do this the other way around: embed
a wiki directly in the image.  This would be excellent for
documentation.  Call it iwiki, perhaps, for "internal wiki".

There are a bunch of little things that would need to happen, for this
to be smooth:

	1.  Each image needs to have an iwiki in it.

	2.  There is a new alt-6 option for likning to wiki pages.

	3.  The URL machinery can handle iwiki://  URL's, so that you can use
this from Scamper.

	4.  (Hardest part) The changes sorter understands iwiki pages, and can
file them in and out.

Incidentally, you can almost hack all of this by using class methods
that only have comments in them.  It's a bit clunky, however....

Lex