startSteppingSelector: Was: Re: Interactive Story (Newbie Question)

Laurence Rozier laurencerozier at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 21 17:29:36 UTC 2003

> On Monday 21 July 2003 09:03 am, Jack Johnson wrote:
>
> > Is there a HyperCard-style trick where you can
> keep a morph
> > centered in the view?  That might be a good way to
> bridge the
> > 640x480 or 800x600 fixed size but allow for
> scaling of the Squeak
> > window (or for that matter, centering dialogs
> whether on handhelds
> > or desktops).
If you define a method:

keepCentered
	self center: owner center

for Morph, you can then use the following code to keep
it centered within it's owner morph

e_EllipseMorph new openInWorld.
e startSteppingSelector: #keepCentered

startSteppingSelector: isn't used much in the image
but since I came across it, I use it all the time. I
found one reference to it at:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2001-July/025850.html

-Laurence