[ENH] SARInstallerEnhancements-nk

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Mon Jul 21 23:23:38 UTC 2003

Hm, for SqueakMap, SMLoader & PackageInfo, I've been treating the copy
on SM as the "master" copy, so that the 3.6alpha/beta image gets updated
from SM occasionally.  (In other words, we're avoiding patching these
packages in the image... the patches always go in the SM package first,
and then the image gets the whole updated package from SM.)

I was going to update these three tonight, including a postscript which
makes the image think that SMLoader 1.02 was installed (which it was,
really), for example.

I guess I'm not sure yet what the best solution is here, but I'm a bit
wary of adding a package-patch directly to the image.

(Another complicating factor is that the image will always (well, for a
long time) list "SARInstaller for 3.4" as being installed, because we
can't uninstall packages right now.  Although we could unregister that
one in the image, and then register a SARInstaller for 3.6 or similar.
Or...)

- Doug Way