email syntax validation needed

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Tue Jul 22 18:23:06 UTC 2003

Luciano Notarfrancesco wrote:

> Well, this is one of the reasons why I implemented the DNS Client
> package. I needed to be able to get MX records as well as other types
> of records. If you have my package loaded you can get all the 10 MX
> records for sbcglobal.net sorted by priority:
>        NameResolver default mailExchangersFor: 'sbcglobal.net'
> Or you can get the name of the first mail exchanger:
>        NameResolver default mailExchangerFor: 'sbcglobal.net'
> Or you can make arbitrary queries:
>        NameResolver default request: (DNSMessage new addQuestion:
> (DNSQuery name: name type: type class: class); yourself)
>
> Luciano

MessageNotUnderstood: at:ifAbsent:
     in
NameResolver>>request:

Seems that 'NameResolver default' returns an uninitialized instance--
the ivars 'servers' and 'cache' are both nil.  Also, seems that those
two ivars are set via #servers:, but there is no indication of what kind
of argument that method expects.

Nevin

--
Nevin Pratt