Recommended packages - BrowseUnit and "Debugger - stub method creation"

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Jul 22 19:44:27 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 22 July 2003 11:26 am, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:
> > On Monday 21 July 2003 04:55 am, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> > > [parenblinking]
> > > Yes, that too. I'm now using it all the time. I've experienced
> > > a sporadic bug with this where sometimes bold stuff gets left
> > > behind. Have you seen this?
> >
> > Yes. Parenblinking doesn't handle text attribute runs correctly.
>
> Do you know what the problem is/more details, so it might get
> fixed?

I have seen situations where I had a mixture of bold and non-bold text
(probably pasted in from somewhere), and as I typed, preceding
characters (possibly many characters prior to where I was typing)
would be turned from bold into normal. Type another letter, and the
character prior to the last one that got un-bolded would be
un-bolded.

Also, if you have bold text and type parens in it, the left parens
will be turned into non-bold text.

> And elsewhere:
> > What I'd like to see is something like Terry Raymond's PDP
> > debugger package for Squeak.
> >
> > Though it's not a simple task to produce such a thing...
>
> Can you describe what it did? some of us younger'uns have not had
> the pleasure...

Terry describes it in detail at:
http://www.craftedsmalltalk.com/products/pdpdetail.html

--