MessageNotUnderstood: newChanges:

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Jul 22 23:11:09 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 22 July 2003 11:52 am, Danie Roux wrote:
> I have only limited time on the Internet, so I am going through all
> the packages on the Squeakmap and installing everything that looks
> interesting.
>
> I installed quite a lot this way. Now I get the message as stated
> in the subject.
>
> I think the last package I installed successfully was Richard's
> Geemail Example. Any package I try now does this.
>
> I started from the image contained in
> Squeak3.5-current-win-full.zip.
>
> Anyone know how I can fix this? I do not want to reload all the
> stuff I already loaded. In the past, trying to file in the
> downloaded .cs and .sar stuff broke things as well.

This is caused by a recently added incompatibility between 3.5, the
SMSimpleInstaller and the RefactoringBrowser.

Goran will be fixing this soon, I think; meanwhile (as an emergency
work-around) you could change the code in
SMSimpleInstaller>>fileIntoChangeSetNamed:fromStream: from

		oldChanges _ (ChangeSet respondsTo: #current)
						ifTrue: [global _ ChangeSet. ChangeSet current]
						ifFalse: [global _ Smalltalk. Smalltalk changes].

to:

		global _ Smalltalk.
		oldChanges _ Smalltalk changes.

You should then load the newest version of the SARInstaller for 3.4 as
well.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com