[ANN] Monticello Versioning

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Wed Jul 23 17:01:46 UTC 2003

Hey Colin, I really like the way Monticello is going.

[enhancement]
Main thing is between Monticello, PackageInfo, and a trivial way to
filter the changelist according to package, most of the (my?) annoyances
with the code recovery model are gone. Only thing I still don't like is
that if I crash an image, and had worked on various projects there,
which didn't yet have packages, those are still annoying to recover.

Hmm, a lot of the annoyance comes from having the changeslist bloated by
code I didn't write (packages and such). This would be mostly solved if
we had an option for "remove fileouts" from the changeslist. This
requires noting the beginning of fileins. Oh well, another day.

[WebDav repository]
Sounds great.

Daniel