FillInTheBlank

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at texoma.net
Wed Jul 23 21:00:44 UTC 2003

Ned Konz wrote:

> On Wednesday 23 July 2003 01:15 pm, Jimmie Houchin wrote:
>
>>I am using a FillInTheBlank #request:initialAnswer:centerAt: to
>>edit and combine a couple of Dictionaries.
>>
>>The Dictionary values are combined into the #initialAnswer:.
>>The value is larger than the provided box, but small enough that if
>>the box was larger it could be accomodated.
>>
>>Is there a way I can enlarge the box programmatically to either
>>fill up my screen or to show all its contents?
>
> You can tell it how big to be:
>
> (FillInTheBlankMorph new setQuery: 'what' initialAnswer: 'some
> very
> long
> text
> here' answerExtent: 300 at 300 acceptOnCR: false) openInWorld;
> getUserResponse

Thanks I'll give it a try.
I've been looking at FillInTheBlankMorph experimenting since I sent the
message. But still looking for success.

>>I've used the FillInTheBlank before to iterate thru a collection to
>>edit contents. In absence of better solutions it is pretty
>>convenient.
>
> But there are better solutions:
>
> * You can use an ObjectExplorer or DictionaryInspector variant

I'm presuming your referring to what you get with Dict inspect or Dict
explore, correct?
I've done that with small Dictionaries but this one has 1189 entries.

I want/need to iterate through each value because every value will be
edited. So I'm currently feeding Dict keysAndValuesDo: ... to
FillInTheBlankMorph and saving the new value on accept/return.

> * You can use Nathanael's PluggableCollectionMorph, though I don't
> think anyone's done a tutorial on how to use it.

I'm not familiar with that. I'll take a look at it.

Thanks.

Jimmie Houchin