[BUG] problems filing in some packages with squeak map

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Jul 23 22:48:07 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 23 July 2003 03:42 pm, Julian Fitzell wrote:
> Anybody else having these problems?

Yes, there have been several messages and two temporary fixes posted
in the last couple of days.

> I'm trying to file in the Test Runner Enhancements and the Yaxo
> removal and it's complaining that #newChanges: isn't defined on
> ChangeSet.  It looks like it's defined on SystemDictionary so I'm
> guessing SM has been updated to 3.6 and isn't working in 3.5
> anymore?

It would if you hadn't loaded the Refactoring Browser, probably.

> I also see that SARInstaller seems to be working around this, but
> SMDefaultInstaller isn't... what is the right solution here?

Göran is going to fix this soon.

meanwhile (as an emergency
work-around) you could change the code in
SMSimpleInstaller>>fileIntoChangeSetNamed:fromStream: from

                oldChanges _ (ChangeSet respondsTo: #current)
                                                ifTrue: [global _
ChangeSet. ChangeSet current]
                                                ifFalse: [global _
Smalltalk. Smalltalk changes].