[BUG] problems filing in some packages with squeak map

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Wed Jul 23 23:06:21 UTC 2003

Ned Konz wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 July 2003 03:42 pm, Julian Fitzell wrote:
>
>>Anybody else having these problems?
>

> Yes, there have been several messages and two temporary fixes posted
> in the last couple of days.

Bah, sorry... I seem unable to keep up with the volume of emails on
squeak-dev these days.  I skim them all but there's so much that a lot
of it doesn't stick.

>>I'm trying to file in the Test Runner Enhancements and the Yaxo
>>removal and it's complaining that #newChanges: isn't defined on
>>ChangeSet.  It looks like it's defined on SystemDictionary so I'm
>>guessing SM has been updated to 3.6 and isn't working in 3.5
>>anymore?
>

> It would if you hadn't loaded the Refactoring Browser, probably.

Yes, I just discovered that while trying to debug this further.

>>I also see that SARInstaller seems to be working around this, but
>>SMDefaultInstaller isn't... what is the right solution here?
>

> Göran is going to fix this soon.
>
> meanwhile (as an emergency
> work-around) you could change the code in
> SMSimpleInstaller>>fileIntoChangeSetNamed:fromStream: from
>
>                 oldChanges _ (ChangeSet respondsTo: #current)
>                                                 ifTrue: [global _
> ChangeSet. ChangeSet current]
>                                                 ifFalse: [global _
> Smalltalk. Smalltalk changes].
>
> to:
>
>                 global _ Smalltalk.
>                 oldChanges _ Smalltalk changes.

Excellent, that's pretty much the change I was just going to make.

Thanks Ned!

Julian