[ANN] BrowseUnit v3 on Squeakmap

rrobbes rrobbes at etu.info.unicaen.fr
Thu Jul 24 14:23:52 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I uploaded a new version of BrowseUnit yesterday :

from the readme :

BrowseUnit is a package which improve the integration
of unit tests in developpement.  A browser have been oppened
to let you try it out.

It's features are :

 - Automatic generation of TestCase for classes.
 - Automatic generation of test methods.
 - Easy navigation between tests and tested code.
 - Improved running of tests, and debugging of failures or errors.
 - Modification of the Browser to display BrowseUnit functionalities.

There have been a few changes since v2, mainly :

 - Generation of tests methods improved, it now takes into account all
the parameters of the original method.
 - Navigation improved for several arguments methods and class-side methods.
 - SLint now runs in the background, allowing you to do something when
checking your code.
 - Less verbosity : no more yes/no questions where 'yes' was always what you
wanted.
Your mouse is happier !
 - The browser buttons update more often.
 - You're spared a few clicks while you debug assertion failures :-).
 - The implementation is better factored : most of the code has been moved
out
of Browser, letting just the GUI improvements there. That way, BrowseUnit is
more
easily adaptable to other browsers (Have you ever heard of WhiskerPlusPlus ?
:-) ).

Note: as I have made quite a few changes, feedback is welcomed,
especially if they disturb you ... I'm mainly thinking of
the suppression of most of the yes/no questions.
Another thing : since the generation of the selectors have changed,
the navigation is not backward compatible. Yell very loudly if
you want it :-) ...

   Romain