specialObjectsArray issues

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Jul 24 17:57:14 UTC 2003

Whilst pondering Andreas' invoke-object-as-method code I wondered
whether the special objects array ought to be moved into the VM package.
I don't think it should, but in the process of thinking I noticed a few
issues that might be improved:-

WeakArray class initialize - checks the array size < 42, presumably as
a guard in the early days of the implementation. Probably doesn't need
to anymore.

TranslatedMethod class initialize & PseudoContext class initialize - (do
we even actually want TranslatedMethod and PseudoContext in the current
releases?) checks the array size = 41, which stopped being true a long
time ago.

EventSensor initialize - checks to see if special objects includes a
semaphore for the inputSemaphore. Oddly enough, since the external
semaphores system went in there is no likely way that there would be a
semaphore in the array. A vm running an old image would put the input
semaphore in the special array but of course that has no real relevance
to the current implementation of EventSensor>initialise.

tim
There are never any bugs you haven't found yet.