specialObjectsArray issues

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Jul 24 18:16:06 UTC 2003

Tim,

> WeakArray class initialize - checks the array size < 42, presumably as
> a guard in the early days of the implementation. Probably doesn't need
> to anymore.

Probably so.

> TranslatedMethod class initialize & PseudoContext class
> initialize - (do we even actually want TranslatedMethod
> and PseudoContext in the current releases?) checks the
> array size = 41, which stopped being true a long time ago.

Well, fix it ;-)

> EventSensor initialize - checks to see if special objects includes a
> semaphore for the inputSemaphore.

The _interrupt_ semaphore not the input semaphore.

> Oddly enough, since the external semaphores system went in
> there is no likely way that there would be a semaphore in
> the array.

Oh, but absolutely - just check Interpreter>>checkForInterrupts. We still
have both the timer and the interrupt semaphore in the spl objects.

> A vm running an old image would put the input semaphore

The _interrupt_ semaphore ;-)

> in the special array but of course that has no real
> relevance to the current implementation of EventSensor>initialise.

Well, I think there are still a couple of users of the interrupt semaphore
lurking around and routing both, the signals generates asynchronously by VMs
as well as by the event sensor sounds like a Good Idea (tm) to me.

Cheers,
  - Andreas