The move to gamma

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Thu Jul 24 20:09:19 UTC 2003

I propose we declare first Thursday of September (5.9.2003) our new
release target, with august 29th for the move to gamma, giving us an
additional month of beta. Considering that we're still doing reworks on
contexts and the network rewrite, I think that's reasonable.

A lot of base stuff has improved in this version, it won't hurt us to
take a little more time to stabilize it. It will also give more time for
people to actually switch to be using the beta, so we'll have more
people testing it.

Daniel