Monticello: any reason to write .mcv files with CR line endings?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Jul 24 21:39:57 UTC 2003

Since there shouldn't be any problems reading in .mcv files regardless
of line endings, wouldn't it make sense to use a MCFile rather than a
StandardFileStream to file them out? You'd then have new files
written in the native format, and maintain line endings on others.

This way people could still use them with text tools if they wished
(like, for instance, CVS or grep).

I realize that you want to move away from CVS, but there's no
particular reason to behave any differently than we did when filing
out .mc files...

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com