Monticello changes detection

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu Jul 24 23:03:05 UTC 2003

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:

> It seems not to notice (no asterisk next to package name) when I -
> * Change the class comment
> * Recategorize a method
>
> Have you looked at Roels notifications to solve this?

Yes, I would very much like to use Roel's notifications for this; in the
long run, I'd like to use them to maintain a cache for PackageInfo as
well.

I suppose what's really wanted is something that translates his basic
notifications into higher level, package-savvy ones, so that you could
subscribe to a particular package's notification stream.

I haven't had a chance to look at his more recent releases, yet - is it in
fairly good shape at this point?