Monticello changes detection

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Thu Jul 24 23:18:36 UTC 2003

Last time I looked (latest release), it was working very nicely. There
was some unclear code, but Roel says it is scaffolding for future work.

The implementation plan you suggest seems right to me. It would require
a central listener in PI to parse the changes (#bla moved from category
'a' to '*a') and dispatch the notifications to the appropriate packages.
Then MC would listen to the specific packages, I guess.

I think you can use the latest mailed release, though it would be nicer
if Roel could please release something on SM. Note he might be changing
some class names relative to the latest release, not that's hard to fix
later.

Daniel