[ANN] Monticello Versioning

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Jul 25 13:54:55 UTC 2003

On Friday 25 July 2003 02:42 am, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> As a user of the format, I would prefer a minimal installer
> be included in the image, so that I can post packages as mcv file
> directly. If this doesn't happen, I'll probably start releasing
> stuff as st files that load MC and then an mcv, which works but is
> awkward.

I've been thinking about making the SARInstaller offer to go to
SqueakMap and download the appropriate base for various formats.

Right now you could get a SAR that had a non-loadable format in it.

But if I add auto-loading of the packaging support to the
SARInstaller, it would make sense to package in SARs.

Another reason is that the Monticello formats don't really give you
much of a chance to have preambles or postscripts, and don't let you
separate your tests or examples.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com