[ENH] BrowseWithDnD

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Jul 25 17:10:16 UTC 2003

> Yes, that's why I make sure it's off. I am forever
> accidentally picking up little blue things in the browser and
> it gets rather annoying after a more than a minute or two.

Hm ... you and Scott must be pretty weird clickers (so to speak ;-) given
that with the default fonts you have to move the mouse about a full list
element's height before it starts dragging ;-) What you need is a bit of ...
hm ... what's the english equivalent of "Zielwasser"?! ;-)

But we could change this if the drag kicks in too fast.

 I also do not like the extra visual effect when clicking
> and the (apparent, anyway) extra sluggishness.

Yes, I know what you mean. The extra highlight makes things feel slower
since the "major panes" don't update yet so there's a significant delay
between the mouse down (it highlights) and the pane updating which isn't
noticable without the feedback.

Of course, we could just remove the highlight...

Cheers,
  - Andreas