[ENH] BrowseWithDnD

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Jul 25 19:42:27 UTC 2003

On Friday 25 July 2003 12:03 pm, Martin Wirblat wrote:
> I fear up to 90% of all computer _users_ belong to this category.
> Most people are not as precise as pilots with gunman-hands.
>
> I have seen people becoming within seconds unbelievable nervous (
> just because unexpected things happen - like the drag ) that they
> were increasing their click-frequency and mousemove-amplitudes so
> that very soon everything was deleted.

Alan Cooper, in his interesting book "About Face: the essentials of
user interface design", says:

"Some people find it very difficult to manipulate a mouse. Their
rodent fear, like that of the pachyderm's, leads me to stick my
tongue in my cheek and call these people 'elephants'.

A good percentage of computer users are elephants, ...

What do you call a person who is the antithesis of an elephant?
Someone who really loves mice? A 'minnie', of course!"

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com