[GOODIE] Yates

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Fri Jul 25 21:20:40 UTC 2003

(Frances A. Yates, that is).

Yates is a very simple transaction logging tool. The idea is that you
log things you may want to recover between snapshots to a transaction
log. If transaction logs exist when recovering from a crash, these logs
are replayed to bring the image back into sync.

I think I've got a setup that might just work, but as I'm not 100% sure
this is an extremely early alpha publish - hopefully I can entice people
to look at it and comment on it ;-).

http://tai42.xs4all.nl/~cg/mc has the .mcv files. If this direction
makes sense, I'm going to beef it up a bit and refactor Gardner to use
it (and only then I think it's good enough to warrant an SM entry ;-))