[ANN] Monticello Versioning

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Jul 25 23:04:19 UTC 2003

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Colin Putney wrote:

> Because of the overhead required for working with them, I don't think
> mcv makes a very good distribution format.

I think the overhead of always exporting to .st rather than just pointing
people at your MC repository is considerably higher than that of just
having people load Monticello.  I could be wrong, of course - since I
always have Monticello loaded it obviously doesn't seem a big deal to me.
But people have already started releasing things as mcv (Daniel and Cees,
at least); I propose we wait until the first person actually complains
about this before we start worrying about how to address that complaint.

So if it annoys you, speak up...

Avi