[ENH] Proposal for inclusion - Hierarchy List Morph - Navigation ( [et] seems to conflict with [ENH]ObjectExplorerMenuEnh-nk )

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Jul 26 00:21:21 UTC 2003

On Friday 25 July 2003 04:24 pm, brentvukmer at yahoo.com wrote:
> I've got both changesets loaded (in an otherwise vanilla image
> AFAICT), and the ObjectExplorer blows up on a yellow-button click
> when no tree element is selected, with the following error:

You can see the same problem (without the walkback) with just the
HLM-Navigation loaded: open an Object Explorer and do a yellow-button
click without selecting anything.

What *should* happen is that you should see a menu with a single item
'*nothing selected*'. However, the Object Explorer is convinced that
its current selection is 1. It should be nil.

The reason it blows up with my change set is that I'm not looking for
anything other than nil or an ObjectExplorerWrapper, since these are
the only things that the model's current selection should be set to.

This is because of the incorrect change to
AbstractHierarchicalList>>getCurrentSelection, where he's no longer
returning a nil when there is no selection. Perhaps this is because
of confusion between the Morphic side (where we're dealing with
selection indexes) and the model side (where we're dealing with model
items).

If you revert that method change, you'll see the walkback go away.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com