3.6 "full" packages

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sat Jul 26 17:43:34 UTC 2003

Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com> wrote:

> - Both the Balloon3D and VMMaker packages have old-format SAR files,
> apparently.  I updated the #fileIntoChangeSetNamed:fromStream: sends in
> the postscripts to #fileInMemberNamed: , and then they seemed to work.
This is puzzling; what is 'old-format' about using
#fileIntoChangeSetNamed:fromStream? It's still in my 5371 image...

The VMMaker code is filed out via DVS and I convert the lineends back to
CRs so that the normal tools will still work. Using #fileInMemberNamed:
results in a changeset named 'VMMaker.st' which isn't very helpful.
Using #fileInPackageNamed: takes a terrible long time because the
working out of diffs takes forever.

So what should I be doing?

tim
Klingon Code Warrior:- 1) "Behold, the keyboard of Kalis!  The greatest
Klingon code warrior that ever lived!"