squeak graphic: technical introduction

Martin Kuball MartinKuball at web.de
Sun Jul 27 19:28:44 UTC 2003

Hi!

I'm looking for a technical introduction to the squeak graphic subsystems:
balloon and balloon3d.  I would like to understand how it works. Browsing the
system is really a hard way to learn. Maybe there is some guide?

By the way, what is the status of Balloon3d? Is it maintained? I found a
small programming tutorial at http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2713 which
includes some fixed that are not part of my 3.5 image.

Another question: I'm looking for a way to find all methods tat use a class.
Using in the sense of calling class methods especially new. I tried
	Smalltalk browseMethodsWithSourceString: 'class name'
but it's low and finds more than I want.

And yet another question: Is it possible to draw a simple line using
Balloon3d scene?

Martin