3.6 "full" packages

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Jul 28 06:46:48 UTC 2003

On Sunday 27 July 2003 04:51 pm, Tim Rowledge wrote:
> > not quite right with the SARInstaller, it expects
> > SARInstaller>>fileIntoChangeSetNamed:fromStream: to exist, which
> > does not, although the method is on the class side and also on
> > SMSimpleInstaller.
>
> Hmm, in the 5372 update it got changed fairly drastically. Ned, why
> is the method now on the class side?

Because I forgot that people were using it.

I stuck it back there and will be posting a new version of the
SARInstaller.

> What am I supposed to do to get my file to install in a changeset
> with a sensible name - ie the filename minus the .st extension?

I have this all working in the new version.

> I've tried out monticello but it looks like you cannot load a mcv
> file unless you have moticello already installed, so that is
> clearly unnaceptable for a typical package unless MC is going to be
> in all images by default.  Better yet I only loaded MC yesterday
> but already an update seems to require a newer version. Sheesh, I
> don't have much chance of getting this right it seems.

And I've added support for .mcv files as well to the SARInstaller.
It'll ask you if you want to download Monticello if you don't already
have it.

Coming soon.

--
Ned Konz