3.6 "full" packages

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Mon Jul 28 12:16:06 UTC 2003

There's another relevant kind of reasoning -
A user of a Monticello package (say B3D) might choose to become a
developer of that Monticello package, and they should do so using MC,
and this should be as easy as possible. This suggests silently loading
Monticello when the first package that uses it is loaded. This is what
Ned did for SAR and IIRC Goran said he'll do for plain SM.

Developers that then want to make a clean image that includes B3D but
doesn't include it would of course unload it after they finish using it.
I don't see why "mere squeak user" should mind very much that MC gets
silently loaded. Do you?

Daniel