status of MathMorph project?

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Jul 28 15:44:11 UTC 2003

Martin Kuball <MartinKuball at web.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I was looking at the MathMorph home page this day. It seems to be that the
> last changes have been a long time ago. And there is no Package on SM. Is it
> still actively developed?

I have been wondering the same thing.  Someone should go ask on their
mailing list and report back!

I do hope the project keeps going.  SUGAR is a great group, and MM+MW
is, in my opinion, a big step forward in Squeak's UI for those of us
with a traditional CS background.  It turns your desktop into a
workspace, which is just wonderful.  I'm more happy that Squeak has
continued on its main goals, but these are nice things that are still
out on the wayside.

Incidentally, while the pages said you need Squeak 3.0 or the like,
their code actually works in Squeak 3.4 pretty well.  (I think it was
3.4 that I tried.)  It would likely not be a huge effort to load their
code into 3.6.  The individual BookMorph's are a different story,
unfortunately, and seem to require more effort.  You seem to need the
exact version of Squeak to load most of the BookMorph's.

Lex