[Q] Process termination / GC

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Tue Jul 29 05:54:11 UTC 2003

Todd Blanchard asked:

> Do I need to do anything to clean up the process? Or, more
> importantly, is the forked block going to prevent GC on the dispatcher?

I don't know the answer to this, but I do have a suggestion. The
ProcessBrowser is a wonderful thing. By playing around with opening and
closing bricks and watching what happens in the ProcessBrowser, you
should be able to get an idea of what's going on. See what happens if
you manually trigger a GC. It's also handy for manually terminating any
orphaned processes you create while debugging.

Hope this helps,

Colin