.mcv => .sar?

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Tue Jul 29 11:45:12 UTC 2003

About using multiple files in a SAR - I don't think it should become an
ad hoc replacement for package dependencies. If the packages aren't
distributed separately, that means any update to any package's code
might require multiple repackaging operations.

However, it could give us a packaging solution to the "patch" problem I
mentioned in another thread. That is, I could distribute Garden.sar,
which would include garden.mcv and also garden_patches.st