Exception resignaling question

Roel Wuyts wuyts at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Jul 29 15:53:18 UTC 2003

No, this is still in 3.5 (I need to do the work on the change
notification in 3.5, since some things need to be updated in 3.6 first
prior to me adding the notifications).

So this means it was fixed in the meantime... good!

PS: Andreas: just sending 'signal' again does not work in my 3.5 image,
but works ok in 3.6. So everything is fine... Thanks.

On Tuesday, Jul 29, 2003, at 17:13 Europe/Zurich, Anthony Hannan wrote:

> Roel Wuyts <wuyts at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I have a question regarding exception handling that I'd like some help
>> with. Consider the following piece of code:
>>
>> 	| caught |
>> 	caught _ OrderedCollection new.
>> 	[self error: 'Simplest piece of code throwing an error']
>> 		on: Error
>> 		do: [:exc | caught add: exc].
>> 	caught
>> 		do: [:exception | exception resignalAs: exception class new]
>>
>> Why doesn't it raise an error when I evaluate it in a workspace?
>
> It works for me.  Have you tried it in the latest release (3.6b-5373)?
>
> Cheers,
> Anthony

Roel Wuyts                                                   Software
Composition Group
roel.wuyts at iam.unibe.ch                       University of Bern,
Switzerland
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~wuyts/