Effective SM entries (was Proposal for Morphicperformance-measurement enhancement)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Jul 29 17:49:37 UTC 2003

> *Write down completely explicit instructions on how to use
> the package*.
>
> And yes, I really mean *completely explicit*. For the package we're
> talking about, I'd recommend the following additional text.

<snip>

I don't think this should be part of the package description, but rather an
accompanying tutorial or so. Even if it's just a short notice having some
"how-to" being present makes a lot of a difference. This is why I added the
B3D tutorial to the World menu.

On more thought: Perhaps we should generally have some menu where loaded
packages can register themselves to provide additional information. For
example, when you load some of the packages then they'll open up some
workspace which is nice. But when you close the workspace it's gone. So I
have a couple of images where I have a project full of workspaces about
those packages but not in the places where I'd need them. Perhaps we should
add some really dog-simple "packages" to the world menu which
* serves as an overview about the packages you've loaded (I _really_ miss
some quick way of checking what I have in any particular image)
* serves as an entry point to have some "top-level information" about the
project whatever this may be - could be a summary, links to places to start
at, overview, tutorial whatever.

What do you think?

Cheers,
  - Andreas