location of package dependencies

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Jul 29 18:03:39 UTC 2003

> We should enable collaboration as good as possible.
> That is why I think we should put our code on SourceForge or
> something like it as often as we can.
>
> SourceForge is very well suited for BSD-licensed stuff (OSI approved)
> and  Andreas Raab told me recently, that Avi and others
> put their Squeak-licensed code on SourceForge under  the
> "Other custom license (OSD-Compliant as Open Source)", which
> means some effort for the SourceForge people:

There are really various options. One is dual-licensing, e.g., you register
your project under one of the "easy-to-get" licenses and dual-license with
Squeak-L. That said, pointing SF to projects that have the same license and
were approved should help, too (for example the Squeak-VM project which is
hosted there). Finally, if that's really to big of an issue, one could
easily have an umbrella project which allows people to share their stuff on
SF. It might not be useful for every purpose but it could be very helpful
for getting started.

Cheers,
  - Andreas