[BUG]Win32 VM changing to US keyboard in midflight...

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Jul 29 22:26:12 UTC 2003

This is a known problem. XP has a "feature" which switches the keyboard
layout when you press Alt-Shift (as in Alt-Shift-Click ho, hum). To disable
it:
* go to the control panels
* open the "region and language" settings
* switch to the "language" tab
* Click on the "details" button (pops up a new dialog)
* Click on the "keyboard" button (pops up a new dialog)
* Disable all the keyboard short cuts you find here
BTW, the above may not be correct for an english XP - I am retranslating
this from German.

Can somebody perhaps make a number of screenshots on an english XP to
describe the procedure? I think this will be a great service to the
community in the future.

And if someone knows how to suppress that feature programmatically, *please*
let me know!

Cheers,
  - Andreas