location of package dependencies

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed Jul 30 13:18:17 UTC 2003

Daniel Vainsencher <danielv at netvision.net.il> wrote:
> I think that an ftp/http/webdav space that gives any squeak
> people/projects a directory would be wonderful. The important thing is
> that it should take too much effort for people to get space.

"shouldn't" I suspect.

> I think that consider Avi's post, and the tight fit of MC to Squeak vs
> CVS, this would be really useful, both for package development, and to
> make sure that SM packages are easily available.
>
> I imagine a little seaside app could be useful in semi-automating
> account creation, to balance the ease of opening projects with security
> against warez monger. Maybe a "mail the password back but only to
> someone in the Squeak lists" scheme would solve the problem.
>
> This would be much easier to use and more powerful for Squeak projects
> than SF/CVS. If Squeak e.v. can do this, that would be a real service to
> the Sqeauk community.

I will add upload support in SM1.1 any day. Have the code already. And
since you will need an account (yes, SM1.1 has accounts and they work)
to upload this will stop most warez. And we can add more restrictions as
we go.

SMAccount in SM1.1 has email, developer initials, signature, name etc.

regards, Göran

PS. Am on the #squeak channel for 45 min more.