[ANN] SystemChangeNotification on Squeakmap

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Wed Jul 30 20:22:41 UTC 2003

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 09:50:16AM -0700, Ned Konz wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 July 2003 09:32 am, Roel Wuyts wrote:
> > So who is up for doing this? It is so simple that I will put the
> > code of the method here in this mail :-)
>
> I just posted a CS with a fix for this same problem, as well as
> another related problem.

But that won't help to get it approved... it would have been better
to sent an evaluation of Roel's code. Then I would have [approved]
this. And because Roel would be glad about your evaluation, he in
turn would have reviewed your change, and in turn I would have approved
that.

But nothing like that happend. We now have, instead of two approved
fixes, one big not approved fix. And this will stay so until someone
reviews it.

The idea of the harvesting-process was to have a process that is parallel:
Any non-parallel process can't scale. Just look at the bugfix-archive:
There's lots of stuff that really should have been part of 3.6... but nobody
reviewed them.

      Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de