[BUG] Debugger

Mike Roberts mike at mjr104.co.uk
Thu Jul 31 12:44:25 UTC 2003

Hi,

I think there is a bug in the debugger that it is not correctly showing the green highlighted 'where' area.

I now realise that the previous BlockContext>>ensure bug that I mentioned, which has since been fixed in the latest update, was that the highlighting wasn't working correctly.  I am wondering whether there is some strange behaviour has creeped in recently?

If you "debug it" on

nil ifNil: [Transcript show:'hello ']

The highlighted 'where' area is "show: 'hello '" .

However you haven't asked the debugger to send ifNil: to nil yet.

You need to press send three times to end up in TranscriptStream>>show: .

Send doesn't have provide any response until the third press.

If you open an inspector on the debugger and debug "model send" you can step through this message to see that it is doing something even though there is no respone in the UI.  I got a bit lost in here.

I have noticed this three click issue quite a few times in this latest update.

Any thoughts on this?

Cheers

Mike