[ENH] RemovePackageMethod

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu Jul 31 23:40:07 UTC 2003

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Bernhard Pieber wrote:

> Ah, right! I forgot that there is code which is not in a package. How
> inconvenient! ;)
>
> Hmm, wouldn't it be easy to convert the existing system categories to
> Monticello packages. Then you could just reload any of them in case you
> needed. I have to think about that. Probably I am again forgetting
> something very basic. It's been a long day.

Yes, I think it would be a good idea to start experimenting with that.
Managing huge packages like Morphic may require some profiling of the
Monticello code; I know Daniel did some speed tests and found that a merge
of a package of that size currently takes a few minutes.
However, if we can get that running a bit better, I don't see why we
couldn't put up a repository with Kernel.mcv, Collections.mcv,
Network.mcv, and so on.

Avi