Morphic Wrappers again

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Jul 31 15:47:25 UTC 2003

"Francisco Garau" <fgarau at bluewin.ch> wrote:
> > I build a silly little class called Person with one instance variable
> > 'name'. I expected "Person new name: 'Frits' ; self" to give me a wrapper
> > on an instance of a Person. Instead I got a Morph Explorer. I do get the
> > correct result on a point.
>
> There is a preference to turn off the Explorer. Just turn off
> 'exploreComplexMorphicWrappers' from the category 'MorphicWrappers'.
> But please notice that this is a special explorer. Highlight any item of the
> explorer, press tab and then type any message you want to send to the
> highlighted object.

Glad to hear it.  I really dislike the explorer being the default.  When
I create an object I usually want the object itself, not to poke around
in its guts.  It seems almost the opposite of object orientation, when
it is easier to see an object's instance variables than to see the
object itself.

Lex