StrikeFont(NewYork12 15) becomes bold after #saveOnFile

Stéphane Rollandin hepta at zogotounga.net
Sun Jun 1 22:11:45 UTC 2003

At 12:21 01/06/2003, you wrote:
>Ok, this is the first of four StrikeFonts, the smallest one.
>The file that you gave us on May 18th contains descriptors for four fonts
>and that is not a surprice: These four fonts set up the TextStyle 'NewYork'
>When you save the Morph with the 'self halt' that I proposed to you in
>my last mail, the debugger will open four times. The second time it
>opens, it will show you what will be filed out for the font of size 15 and
>that is the most interesting point.

bingo !

the second time, self emphasis is 1.
name is 'NewYork12'

the third and fourth times, self emphasis is 0 all right.

also, maybe of interest: the instance variable derivativeFonts is, for the
four fonts:

1) size 12, name 'NewYork10':
  #(a StrikeFont(NewYork10B 12) nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil
nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil
nil)

2) size 15, name 'NewYork12':
  #(a StrikeFont(NewYork12B 15) nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil
nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil
nil)

3) size 18, name 'NewYork18':
#(nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil
nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil)

4) size 24, name 'NewYork24':
#(nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil
nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil)

... StrikeFont(NewYork12B 15) is actually the font I get in my morph when I
load it back.

more precisely, the TextMorph I save has a textStyle:

TextStyle NewYork12

which itself has a fontArray:

#(a StrikeFont(NewYork10 12) a StrikeFont(NewYork12 15) a
StrikeFont(NewYork18 21) a StrikeFont(NewYork24 26))

while the TextMorph loaded back has a textStyle:

TextStyle NewYork12B

which has a fontArray:

#(a StrikeFont(NewYork10 12) a StrikeFont(NewYork12B 15) a
StrikeFont(NewYork18 21) a StrikeFont(NewYork24 26))

cheers

Stef