Celeste and FilteringCeleste

Frank Sergeant frank at canyon-medical.com
Tue Jun 3 16:19:26 UTC 2003

"Lex Spoon" <lex at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:

> I do prefer the UI.  The UI is identical except for how it deals with

Thank you.  I'll try to install FC in the near future.

> IMHO it is a waste of time to do non-trivial work on "main" Celeste.  FC
> is superior in many ways, and even the UI can be switched if it is a
> real roadblock for people.

And, thanks also to Adam, Daniel, Doug, etc regarding their comments.
With both packages on Squeak Map, I am inclined to think the best thing
might be for the Celeste fixes to be passed back so Lex and/or Adam can
incorporate them as appropriate into FilteringCeleste and that at some
point, FC be the one specified for the image.  Then, later, if it is
important to anyone, a separate package could be made available to be
loaded on top of FC to give it the same UI that Celeste has.

(I realize that nothing is impossible for the man who doesn't have to do
it, and I appreciate everyone's work on my email program!)

-- Frank