Headless image

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Tue Jun 3 18:37:11 UTC 2003

Hi Johannes--

> Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to shrink down a image
> for a embedded system?

	Write a proxy system and remove the user interface, and almost
everything else, via remote control. I'm working on this. :)  See
http://netjam.org/squat/.

	Or, just use >>majorShrink and the like, and start the system in
headless mode (typically via virtual machine invocation parameters,
which vary by host platform). How small do you need to be? My target is
99k without compression (I'm currently at 165k, with compression).

-C

--
Craig Latta
http://netjam.org/resume