need help for ActiveX widget

Paul Weustink wtk at ce.el.utwente.nl
Wed Jun 4 12:42:50 UTC 2003

Hello,

At the educational sciences department of our university, we're developing
a large software package for discovery learning called SimQuest
(http://www.simquest.nl). This system is freeware and written in Smalltalk
(Cincom VisualWorks 5i.3). A few days ago I saw Squeak for the first time
on the internet and it really looks great!! Both Squeak and SimQuest allow
the user to develop educational applications. As a developer of SimQuest I
have a question that maybe some of the developers of Squeak might have an
answer for:

Did someone write a widget for VisualWorks to add an ActiveX control to an
interface?

I would like to add a webbrowser component to my interface (that supports
flash etc), where this interface will be running stand-alone, so not inside
another webbrowser. There is a tool that can generate such widgets
(SmallCOM/X) but this is an expensive commercial package ($ 3000,-).

Please send a copy of any reply to my email as well, since I'm not yet in
the mailing list.
Thanks in advance for any help on this!

Paul Weustink
wtk at rt.el.utwente.nl