Squeak on iPAQs: auditory input/output

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Wed Jun 4 16:03:45 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 04 June 2003 09:20 am, Bilal Ahmed wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to get auditory input/output to work on an iPAQ. I'd be very
> interested to hear from anyone who has succeeded in doing something
> similar, or knows of examples on the web that demonstrate Squeak's auditory
> functionality on iPAQs.
> Thanks in advance!
> Bilal Ahmed
> Dept. of Computer Science, University of Toronto

Are you running on Linux or Win CE? I've run Squeak on several different
handhelds (only on Win CE, rather Pocket PC 2002) and all you need to do is
make sure that the you have the sound classes in your image and turn on the
enableSounds preference. Then it works like a champ, recording, music, etc.

Brian