[VM][LINUX][DEBIAN] Building

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Jun 4 16:57:52 UTC 2003

> I got the platform sources from CVS and a 3.6-5247 image, loaded SqueakMap and
> VMMaker. I selected all plugins to be internal. VMMaker refused to create
> source files for the plugins InternetConfigPlugin, TestOSAPlugin and
> UUIDPlugin, but that seems to be ok.
Yes, if there is no support file for a plugin it won't be generated.
Some plugins require cross platform support files (to be found in
platforms/Cross/plugins/{pluginname} ), some require platform specific
support files (to be found in
platforms/{platforname}/plugins/{pluginname} ) and a few require both.
TestOSAPlugin for example is only for Mac.

> It went all well until the B3DAccelerator plugin was about to be compiled. An
> undeclared variable PrimTypeMax raised an error. I greped through the
> sources, but wasn't able to find a definition/declaration of that variable.
> I haven't figured out what is causing this or what file is missing, but maybe
> someone has a hint for me.
You need the Balloon3d package, which contains the pool dictionary
definition in which PrimTypeMax lives. This is why the recent
discussions of how to try to improve the handling of pools - see the
messages 'Re: Declarative Pools' etc if you're interested.

tim
Useful random insult:- Evidence for the theory of a missing link.