HP Jornada 545

Shipley, Rick Frederick.Shipley at bakerhughes.com
Wed Jun 4 14:01:02 UTC 2003

 On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, [iso-8859-1] Germn S. Arduino wrote:

> I'm trying to develop an app to run in some hand-helds.
>
> I'm evaluating to purchase one used HP Jornada 545, 16 MB RAM, 16MB
ROM,
> Processor Hitachi 32 bits, St reo Sound and WinCE as operating system
to try
> and make the tests.
>
> I have 0 experience developing that type of apps, can anyone tell me
if is a
> good configuration to use Squeak?
>
> Is anyone using Squeak in a Jornada model like this?

I have an iPAQ 36xx with 64MB ram and I can't locate a "stable" VM and
image for Squeak that uses the stylus or button pad.

I am using YoshikiO's WinCE VM with the GAPI library
(http://www.is.titech.ac.jp/~ohshima/squeak/WinCE/); but it is the
images which seem to be the problem. All of them generate tracebacks
easily and all seem to assume screens larger than 240*320 on startup. Is
there an image out there somewhere that is that will run with the VM and
is up to date? Is there a little tutorial on basic ST on an iPAQ; not
how to install; but how to doit or showit type of thing?