Squeak 3.4 under FreeBSD

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Wed Jun 4 23:10:29 UTC 2003

Mike O'Brien wrote:

>	I built Squeak from sources on FreeBSD 4.8, and got some
>odd behavior.  It runs, all right, but doesn't seem to be clock-
>driven.

By "from sources on FresBSD 4.8", I assume you mean from the ports
collection at "/usr/ports"?

Just curious, but what version of Squeak does FreeBSD 4.8 install when
you do that?

I run Squeak on FreeBSD, but I don't use the ports collection version.
 It is too ancient.

I just use the Linux version.  My FreeBSD kernel is compiled with Linux
compatibility turned on.  Everything seems to work fine.

--
Nevin Pratt
Bountiful Baby