Squeak on iPAQs: auditory input/output

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Wed Jun 4 23:50:21 UTC 2003

  Bilal,

> I'm trying to get auditory input/output to work on an iPAQ. I'd be very
> interested to hear from anyone who has succeeded in doing something similar,
> or knows of examples on the web that demonstrate Squeak's auditory
> functionality on iPAQs.

  For the play back part, it is as simple as evaluating on iPAQ:

    PluckedSound bachFugue play

if I remember correctly.  It is the same Squeak thing after all.

  For recording, if I remember correctly, it is the same Squeak
thing.  For easy testing, you can get EventRecorderMorph and start
recording sound with it.

  John Maloney did fair amount of sound experiment on iPAQ a few years
ago.

  Hope this helps,

-- Yoshiki