Sharp SL-C750/760 (was Re: HP Jornada 545)

Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM
Thu Jun 5 00:20:14 UTC 2003

For what it's worth ( about an extra $100 US, I guess) Dynamism has the
SL-C760, which is basically the same machine with an 8 hour battery
instead of a 4 hour battery, and it's all silver instead of silver &
black.  It's the first thing I've seen in a while that might possibly make
an acceptable substitute for my Psion 5mx.

                        -Dean

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Sent by: squeak-dev-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org
06/04/03 07:56 PM
Please respond to The general-purpose Squeak developers list

        To:     The general-purpose Squeak developers list
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: HP Jornada 545

  Nevin,

> I used to have the Zaurus SL5500.  It was OK, but I eventually sold it.
>  Before I buy again, I want:
>
>    1. more resolution than 320x240
>    2. faster processor
>
> It looks like the SL-C750 delivers four times the pixels (@ 640 x 480),
> and slightly faster processor (400 mhz XScale rather than the 206 Mhz
> StrongARM processor), and yet has an overall form factor of a
> typical PDA.

  Slightly faster is a modest statement, hehe.  It is about 70% faster
than 400MHz PXA 250 or 206MHz StrongARM in terms of the sends/sec.  I
do feel the difference.

> Unfortunately, it is still a little too expensive.  So, I'll wait a bit
> longer.

  It kind of is, but it is about $500 equivalent price in Japan.
Which is not so much expensive than, say, iPAQ.  Hope there will be a
chance for you to try it!

-- Yoshiki