running squeak in linux

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Jun 5 06:43:44 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 04 June 2003 11:29 pm, Shalabh Raizada wrote:

> What command should be given at the prompt of squeak working
> directory to run squeak in Linux(RH8). I said inisqueak and i got -
> bash: inisqueak: command not found. Then i wrote squeak and i get
> the same message. Some weeks back i was successful and i remember i
> gave the version + squeak at the prompt. i forgot the rest.

Assuming that you installed both the VM and the image, you should have
both squeak and inisqueak on your PATH.

Otherwise, you could just name the entire path to the executable. For
instance, if you have the VM in the directory that the image is in,
you could type

./squeak

Or if you have them installed in some other directory, name that:

/usr/bin/squeak

or whatever.
--
Ned Konz